Recipe by lazyme
My grandkids like to pick fresh blackberries in the summer and take them home to their parents. This is the treat that we make before the rest of the berries all go home.
Top Review by Sally D.
Just made this recipe exactly as stated and have to say it did come out right. I have many years of pie making so this was not the first. The sugar did not completely dissolve and it was like soup. don't know why, but I think it was too much sugar. Won't be using this recipe again
- 4 cups blackberries
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 pie crusts, 9-inch, uncooked
Directions See How It's Made
- To wash berries, put in colander and dip up and down in bowl of water; drain well.
- Combine with sugar, flour, salt and lemon juice.
- Turn into pastry lined pie pan.
- Dot with butter.
- Trim pastry edge and moisten it.
- Cover with top pastry, trim edge, crimp top and bottom edges together and cut vents for steam.
- Bake at 450ºF for 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 350ºF and bake 25 to 30 minutes longer.
- Cool on a rack.