I got this recipe from "Beard on Bread" many, many years ago. I always make them with chopped herbs and/or grated Parmesan to give them a little extra kick. They're wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sift flour into mixing bowl with baking powder and salt.
- 2Using fingers, two knives, or a heavy fork, blend butter and flour into very fine particles. (Don't beat any longer than you absolutely must!).
- 3Add milk and stir just enough to ake particles cling together -- it will be a very soft dough.
- 4(You may have to add up to another 1/4 cup of milk, for a total of 1 cup of milk in the biscuit dough.) Turn on to floured surface and knead for about 1 minute.
- 5Drop dough by large spoonfuls on to a baking sheet spritzed with baking spray.
- 6Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
Browse Our Top Rolls/Biscuits Recipes
Nutritional Facts for James Beard's Baking Powder Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (28 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 120.0
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.8 g
- Cholesterol 12.3 mg
- Sodium 222.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 2.6 g