Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I got this recipe from "Beard on Bread" many, many years ago. I always make them with chopped herbs and/or grated Parmesan to give them a little extra kick. They're wonderful!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 2.46 ml salt
- 14.79 ml baking powder (double-acting)
- 177.44 ml milk
- 59.14 ml butter
- Sift flour into mixing bowl with baking powder and salt.
- Using fingers, two knives, or a heavy fork, blend butter and flour into very fine particles. (Don't beat any longer than you absolutely must!).
- Add milk and stir just enough to ake particles cling together -- it will be a very soft dough.
- (You may have to add up to another 1/4 cup of milk, for a total of 1 cup of milk in the biscuit dough.) Turn on to floured surface and knead for about 1 minute.
- Drop dough by large spoonfuls on to a baking sheet spritzed with baking spray.
- Bake at 450 for 12-15 minutes.
Very good! Quick, easy, and ingredients always on hand. I doubled the recipe and made 18 large size biscuits. Baking time did not need to be increased even with the larger size. Brushed with butter when they came out of the oven. Tender inside with a crisp edge. Will make again. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
I also have this book and these are the BEST, fluffiest biscuits I've ever made. YUM YUM YUM! I'm craving them right now. Thank you for posting the recipe!