Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
From James Beard Bread Book. One of the must have books. It's simply the best. I make muffins instead of bread, it's faster to make. The bread's not gummy and easier for my mum-in-law to eat. I grate up a little orange peel sometimes to be different.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1 teaspoon orange zest (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add honey, bananas, and eggs; mix well.
- Sift dry ingredients together and fold into banana mixture.
- Fold in nuts and optional orange zest.
- Grease baking pan or muffin tins.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour. If you bake this in muffin tins, it's about 20 minutes. It is done when toothpick comes out clean.
I whipped this up today, and baked them in mini loaf tins. The addition of brown sugar and honey gave it such a wonderful taste. The only thing I changed was I added in 1 tsp baking powder instead of the 1/2 tsp stated in the recipe, and added some toasted walnuts into the batter... I got 3 small loaves, and they turned out just wonderful! I will be giving two away and keeping one for myself. Thank you Dienia, for a great recipe!...Kittencal:)
These are so easy!! Perfect little 2 bite muffins! Going to make another batch as soon as possible. thanks
Love it just as written! Thanks for sharing. Also good with chocolate chips.