1/3 Photos of Jambon Persille
I found this in a magazine, and plan to make it soon. It looks like a nice variation on my mother's potted meat.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 onions, peeled,one studded with 8 cloves
- 1 pork trotter, split and blanched
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 4 celery ribs, roughly chopped
- 1Place the ham hocks in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- 2Bring to the boil, simmer for 15 minutes, then drain.
- 3Add the wine and aromatics, and bring to the boil.
- 4Simmer for 1 1/4 hours then strain through a muslin-lined sieve into a large bowl.
- 5Discard the trotter and aromatics.
- 6Cool the ham, remove the fat and skin and roughly dice the meat.
- 7Heat the stock, and add the gelatine, stirring to dissolve.
- 8Add the white wine vinegar and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 9Place a layer of ham in a large bowl and sprinkle with a layer of parsley.
- 10Repeat until all the ham and parsley are used up, then pour the stock over and refrigerate until set.
- 11Turn out of the bowl and serve sliced.
Nutritional Facts for Jambon Persille
Serving Size: 1 (4604 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 7428.9
- Calories from Fat 2852
- Total Fat 316.9 g
- Saturated Fat 109.3 g
- Cholesterol 2760.0 mg
- Sodium 2280.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 91.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 35.4 g
- Protein 870.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar