Recipe by TJW
This is a killer way to use up some of that left over ham you've got. Impress your family with this easy and yummy recipe. An authentic taste of Burgundy direct to your kitchen. It is a good party recipe, and can easily be increased to make a whole platter of them.
- 8 slices ham (about 1 pound)
- 2 shallots
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry white wine
- 4 ounces creme fraiche (don't use sour cream)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese (or jack)
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Sauté the shallots until they are just translucent.
- Add the white wine, cream, tomato paste, salt and pepper, stir well, and let simmer for 5 minutes.
- Roll the slices of ham into cigar shapes and place in a casserole, seam side down.
- Add the sauce, and sprinkle the cheese over all, and put in the oven for 5 minutes, or until the ham is heated and the cheese melted.
- Serve with rice.