Recipe by PaulaG
Another wonderful Cuisine at Home recipe that I am posting for safe keeping. These made a wonderful dinner for 2. I listed the chicken as an optional ingredient. I left it out and found there to be plenty of protein with the sausage and shrimp. It is suggested that this be served with a side of fried okra.
- 1⁄4 cup long grain white rice
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 3 ounces andouille sausages, sliced thin
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄3 cup diced onion
- 1⁄3 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄3 cup diced green bell pepper
- 8 large shrimp, peeled, deveined and sliced in half lengthwise
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cooked chicken (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup diced tomato
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- cajun seasoning, to taste
- 2 (10 inch) flour tortillas
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan bring the water and rice to a simmer, cover and cook until done and water has been absorbed; remove from heat and keep warm.
- In a medium skillet warm the olive oil, add in the sausage and cook over medium-high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Add in the onion, celery and bell pepper; saute 5 minutes or until crisp tender. Add the shrimp and garlic; cook stirring frequently until shrimp turns opaque, approximately 3 minutes.
- Add chicken if using, tomatoes and rice; warm though, stir in parsley, Tabasco and a sprinkling of Cajun seasoning to taste.
- Warm the tortillas and divide the jambalaya evenly between them, roll into a wrap. Enjoy!