Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 6 ounces andouille sausages, sliced
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 cups reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1⁄2 lb peeled and deveined medium shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add chopped onion, chopped bell pepper, minced garlic, and sausage; sauté 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Add rice and the next 7 ingredients (through bay leaf); cook 2 minutes.
- Add broth, water, tomato paste, hot pepper sauce, and diced tomatoes; bring to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp; cook 5 minutes. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Discard bay leaf. Stir in parsley.