1 hr 10 mins
J e l i s a's Note:
Had this for the first time at a dinner party, now I HAVE to make it every month or so. It's better if you have the sausage, chicken and shrimp prepared before starting, that way you can dig in once the rice is cooked.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup sliced celery (optional)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 lb cooked smoked sausage, 1/2 inch pieces (I like to use Hillshire Farms Hot Links)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup garlic flavored barbecue sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, diced and cooked (brown in frying pan)
- 1/2-1 lb medium shrimp, steamed,peeled and deveined
- 1Brown smoked sausage and drain excess grease.
- 2Set aside along with pre-cooked shrimp and chicken.
- 3Fry bacon until crisp in 3-quart Dutch oven or large deep skillet.
- 4Do not drain.
- 5Stir in celery, rice, onion, garlic and green pepper.
- 6Cook and stir over medium-high heat for 5 minutes.
- 7Add tomato sauce, sausage, water, barbecue sauce, salt and cayenne.
- 9Bring to a boil.
- 11Simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 12Add chicken and shrimp, allow to simmer another 10 minutes until heated.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya w/shrimp, chicken and sausage
Serving Size: 1 (453 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 847.6
- Calories from Fat 376
- Total Fat 41.8 g
- Saturated Fat 13.2 g
- Cholesterol 224.7 mg
- Sodium 2914.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 16.4 g
- Protein 53.4 g