Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Make and share this Jambalaya Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced and diced (1/4 lb)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (obtional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups homemade tomato sauce or 3 cups store-bought tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, shelled and devained
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan with boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and lightly oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet at high heat, brown chicken and chorizo in oil. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown onion, pepper and celery until tender. Add more oil if needed. Add garlic, spices and keep cooking 1 minute. Add salt and pepper. Deglaze with lemon juice. Put the chicken and chorizo back in the skillet. Add sauce and shrimps. Bring to boil and let simmer slowly about 2 minutes or until shrimps are cooked. Add pasta. Adjust seasoning. When ready to serve, add parsley.
This is an excellent dish! I followed the recipe to the letter, and we loved every bite of it. This will be a keeper! Thanks for sharing.<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Creole and Cajun for The Apron String Travelers
A great gem of a recipe! Came together quick and the chorizo and spices smelled divine while simmering. I used a meatless soy-based chorizo and served atop shiratake noodles. This would also be delicious over rice. The only thing I would do differently next time is to cut the chicken breast into chunks before cooking it as the breast I used was rather large and didn't cook all the way through the first time until I cut it up and placed it back into the simmering sauce. Thanks, Boomette! Made for 123HW.
ABSOLUTELY LOVED THIS DISH! The combo of meats in this spaghetti dish is so, so satisfying! The chicken breast used was a large one, & the shrimp were small! And, although I usually like my spaghetti as long as I can get, for this recipe I broke it into 2-to-3-inch pieces! There were just the 2 of us & we found the leftovers to be just as tasty as the initial meal! Definitely a nice new KEEPER for me & mine! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement tag]