Make and share this Jambalaya Spaghetti recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 lb spaghetti
- 1 boneless skinless chicken breast half
- 1 chorizo sausage, sliced and diced (1/4 lb)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, minced
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded, diced
- 2 celery ribs, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (obtional)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 cups homemade tomato sauce or 3 cups store-bought tomato sauce
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, shelled and devained
- 1⁄4 cup Italian parsley, chopped
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan with boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Drain and lightly oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet at high heat, brown chicken and chorizo in oil. Set aside on a plate.
- In the same skillet, brown onion, pepper and celery until tender. Add more oil if needed. Add garlic, spices and keep cooking 1 minute. Add salt and pepper. Deglaze with lemon juice. Put the chicken and chorizo back in the skillet. Add sauce and shrimps. Bring to boil and let simmer slowly about 2 minutes or until shrimps are cooked. Add pasta. Adjust seasoning. When ready to serve, add parsley.