Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
southern comfort food with a kick of spice! This recipe is very simple and fast. Food is hot and ready before you know it!
- 1⁄2 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb smoked kielbasa, sausage, halved lengthed wise and cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked brown rice
- 2 teaspoons hot pepper sauce (to taste)
- In large skillet, cook the chicken in oil over medium heat until meat is no longer pink.
- Add Kielbasa, Tomatoes, broth, green pepper and onion; bring to boil.
- Stir in the rice and hot pepper.
- Remove from heat; cover and let stand slimmer for 20 minuets or until rice is cooked.