Prep 20 mins
Cook 12 mins
Make and share this Jambalaya Sausage Kebabs recipe from Food.com.
- 8 (12 inch) wooden skewers (or 4 long metal skewers)
- 2 small about 6 ounces each zucchini, cut diagonally into 3/4-inch-thick slices
- 1 red pepper, cut into 1 1/4-inch pieces
- 1⁄2 small vidalia onion, cut into 4 wedges, keeping wedges intact
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cajun seasoning
- 1 (16 ounce) packagelight kielbasa, cut diagonally into 1-inch chunks
- 1 large celery rib, chopped
- 1 (8 7/8 ounce) package white rice, fully cooked
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- Prepare outdoor grill for covered direct grilling over medium heat. Meanwhile, soak wooden skewers in water 15 minutes.
- In large bowl, toss zucchini, pepper, onion, 1 tablespoon oil, and 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Alternately thread vegetables and kielbasa onto skewers.
- Place skewers on hot grill rack. Cover grill and cook 10 to 12 minutes or until kielbasa browns and vegetables are tender-crisp, turning skewers occasionally. Remove skewers to platter; keep warm.
- In nonstick 10-inch skillet, heat remaining 1 teaspoon oil over medium heat. Add celery and remaining 1 teaspoon Cajun seasoning. Cook, covered, 5 minutes or until celery softens, stirring occasionally. Stir in rice, tomato, and water. Cover and cook 3 minutes or until rice is hot. Serve rice with kebabs.