Recipe by Kikimony
This is a simple yet tasty Jambalaya. Don't let the cayenne fool you, it's not spicy.
Top Review by Rita~
This was just ok. I found you should cut the salt down. Between all the salt in the canned goods and 3 teaspoons of salt and the andouille sausages or kielbasa & sausages there was plenty. It seemed to have large amounts of rice. Onions could have been cut down to 1 1/2 cups and celery could have replaced the other 1 1/2 cups of onions. I used just 1 can of gravy which was enough. Wasn`t sure on how much water so I used guesswork! I think a can of tomatoes would do this good.
- 3 cups raw rice
- 3 (10 1/4 ounce) cansfranco american beef gravy
- 1 lb andouille sausages or 1 lb kielbasa
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb mild pork sausage (Jimmy Dean)
- 1 (11 ounce) can canned mushroom slices
- 1 (4 ounce) can canned mushroom slices
- 3 cans water
- 3 cups of chopped onions
- 3⁄4 cup shallot
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne
- 3⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground meat and sausages.
- Drain and lightly rinse.
- Add vegetables and seasonings to pan and cook 10 minutes with meats.
- Add gravy, water, and mushrooms.
- Bring to a boil.
- Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add rice, bring to boil for a few minutes.
- Put in pan and cover with foil.
- Bake in 350 for 45 minutes.