Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Not sure of the time it takes to make
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 150 g ham, diced
- 150 g chorizo sausage, sliced
- 3⁄4 cup uncooked rice
- 1 cup clara ole tomato sauce (250 g)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 chili pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 1⁄2-2 cups chicken stock
- 350 g shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Heat the oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery and bell pepper.
- Cook until almost brown.
- Add the garlic and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Stir in the ham and chorizo and brown for 10 minutes, scraping the bottom while stirring.
- Add in the rice and stir to coat well with oil.
- Stir in the Clara Olé Tomato sauce, bay leaf, salt and chili pepper.
- Mix well for 3 minutes.
- Pour in the broth.
- Cover the pan.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until the rice is tender and liquid is almost gone.
- Add the shrimp and cook until the shrimp is done.
- Adjust the seasoning.
- Stir in the parsley and serve.