Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is a recipe I through together one night and it come out pretty good. Try it and let me know what ya'll think.
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons margarine or 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 chicken breast fillets, cut up
- 1⁄2 lb pork cube steak, cut up
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced up
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 (6 ounce) can water
- 4 dashes Crystal hot sauce
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 3 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups white rice
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in a large pot with margarine or butter for 8-10 minute.
- Add chicken, pork, and sausage to the pot. Season with salt and pepper; cook 10 minutes.
- Add tomato paste plus 1 can of water and Crystal hot sauce; simmer 5 minutes.
- Add water, chicken base, bay leaves, parsley, ground thyme, and rice.
- Bring to a boil; turn heat down to low and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.