Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
- 18 large fresh shrimp or 18 large frozen shrimp, in shells (about 12 oz.)
- 12 ounces cooked smoked sausage, cut into 12 pieces
- 8 ounces boneless skinless chicken breast halves, cut in 12 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, seeded and cut in 1 inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut in 1 inch wedges
- 1⁄3 cup white wine vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme, crushed
- 2 teaspoons bottled hot pepper sauce (I use cayenne)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon instant minced garlic (I use fresh)
- 6 cherry tomatoes
- 3 cups hot cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh parsley
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen.
- Peel and devein shrimp.
- Place shrimp, sausage, chicken, green pepper and onion in plastic bag set in a large bowl.
- In small bowl combine vinegar, tomato sauce, olive oil, thyme, pepper sauce and garlic.
- Pour half of the mixture over meat and vegetables.
- Seal bag.
- Chill 1 to 2 hours, turning occasionally.
- Cover and chill remaining tomato mixture.
- Drain meat; discard marinade.
- Alternately thread meat and vegetables on 24 (8 inch) wooden skewers (use 2 skewers per kabob).
- Grill, uncovered, directly over medium coals for 12 to 14 minutes or until shrimp are opaque and chicken is no longer pink, turning occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan heat remaining tomato sauce mixture.
- Combine cooked rice and parsley.
- Spoon onto serving platter.
- Serve alongside kabobs.
- Pass the tomato sauce.
This was so easy and tasty. I'd reccommend it to others, we'll make it again. I think that I might add some cajun seasoning to the sauce to kick up the spice a bit though.