1 hr 15 mins
Warren B.'s Note:
My version of Jambalaya. You may want to adjust liquid. When I made it, I found that the rice was a bit mushy..... You will want to spice it up a bit. This was designed for a 6 year old in mind. And don't forget the Tabasco on the table!!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cups onions, chopped
- 2 cups green bell peppers, chopped
- 2 cups red bell peppers, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 1/8 cup dried parsley
- 8 minced garlic cloves
- 1 (32 ounce) can tomatoes, crushed with liquid
- 1 lb andouille sausage, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 lb ham
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried ancho chile powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (or more)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 2 1/2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer
- 1Heat oil in heavy large pot over high heat.
- 2Working in batches, add chicken and cook until brown on all sides, about 8 minutes per batch.
- 3Transfer chicken to platter.
- 4Reduce heat to medium-high; add onion, bell peppers, parsley and garlic to pot. Sauté until onions are tender, about 5 minutes. Add sausage, ham, tomatoes, bay leaves, chili powder, thyme, cayenne pepper and cloves; sauté until spices are fragrant and flavors blend, about 5 minutes. Add rice; stir to coat.
- 5Pour broth and beer over rice mixture in pot.
- 6Add chicken; press to submerge in liquid. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook until liquid is absorbed, rice is tender and chicken is cooked through, about 35 minutes.
- 7Remove bay leaves. Season with salt, pepper and more cayenne pepper, if desired. Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya Magnifique!
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.6
- Calories from Fat 157
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 39.6 mg
- Sodium 652.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 16.0 g