I once had amazing jambalaya at a restaurant and ventured to make my own version at home. This is always a huge hit and you can make it as mild or spicy as you like. The garlic yogurt is great for cooling it down a bit and compliments the jambalaya perfectly. Chicken can also be used in this recipe. Delicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white rice
- 2 1/2-3 cups V8 vegetable juice
- cajun spices (to taste)
- italian seasoning (to taste)
- Tabasco sauce (to taste)
- 6 hot Italian sausages
- 12 jumbo shrimp (optional)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, quartered
- 2 cups fresh zucchini, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 -5 cloves garlic
- 2Finely chop the garlic, then cover surface with salt and'mash' it with the side of the knife.
- 3Add garlic and parsley to the mixture, then stir.
- 5If you are using shrimp, peel it and sprinkle with cajun spice, then set aside.
- 6Cook the rice in the V8 juice, adding some tobasco, Italian and Cajun spice to taste.
- 7Spray a large pan with cooking spray, then cook the sausage.
- 8When it is done, slice it up into bite sized pieces and put aside.
- 9In the same pan, cook onions and garlic until onions begin to wilt, then add mushrooms& zucchini and stir fry (you can also add Cajun or Italian spice to this mixture if you like).
- 10If pan dries out too much while cooking, add a bit of V8 juice or water.
- 11In a separate pan, fry a bit of garlic, then add shrimp.
- 12The shrimp will only take a minute or so- do not overcook or the shrimp will be tough.
- 13Combine rice, sausage& vegetable mixture.
- 14Divide Jambalaya up onto plates, then top with shrimp.
- 15Serve with yogurt on the side.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya & Garlic Yogurt
Serving Size: 1 (761 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1072.4
- Calories from Fat 522
- Total Fat 58.0 g
- Saturated Fat 21.8 g
- Cholesterol 144.7 mg
- Sodium 1722.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 38.1 g