Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This hearty jambalaya is great! The flavors and smells will hook you! I almost cannot wait until it's done. Whenever I make this, and friends stop by, all they want to do is hang out in the kitchen, and ask if they can try it! Give it a try. Fettuccine is introduced into the recipe to give it new dimensions.
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1⁄2 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced 1-inch thick, then cut each slice into fourths
- 1 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small white onion, sliced into 1-4-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- Whisk together the salt, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- Sprinkle chicken cubes with 1/3 of the seasoning mix and toss to coat.
- In a separate bowl, do the same with the shrimp, using another 1/3 of the seasonings.
- Begin cooking the pasta.
- Place a large, heavy, deep skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoons of the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Quickly sear the chicken on two sides, about 3 minutes, and then add shrimp and brown each side for 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl.
- Add remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and toss in the kielbasa sausage, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 of the spice blend and cook over high heat until vegetables are browned and softened. Add half of the chicken stock and continue cooking over high heat until most of the stock has evaporated.
- Add garlic and wine, stirring for 2 minutes. Add remaining chicken stock, along with the reserved chicken and shrimp. Stir, scraping up browned bits from the bottom, and simmer another 3 minutes until slightly reduced.
- Serve over the cooked fettuccine.
Instead of the kielbasa I used chorizo sausage and it was so good! Loved this one Fluff!
This dish is absolutely wonderful. For my first time making it, I followed the recipe/directions to a "T". I was so excited because I actually had all ingredients on hand! The directions were concise and easy to follow. The ingredient list looks long but really wasn't a lot of trouble to put together. Cooking time was right on. I will have to say, I am amazed at what the addition of the wine did for the sauce - it took it to a whole different level. Don't skip it if you can help it at all! For more grown up tastes you could make it spicier but this was perfect for us and our company - between our two families there are 4 kids who all ate this very well since its not too spicy. We will definitely make this again. Thank you Fluffster - this is a great recipe. Next time I may try it over rice.
Yummy yum yum! We all gobbled this up!