This hearty jambalaya is great! The flavors and smells will hook you! I almost cannot wait until it's done. Whenever I make this, and friends stop by, all they want to do is hang out in the kitchen, and ask if they can try it! Give it a try. Fettuccine is introduced into the recipe to give it new dimensions.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 3/4 lb.)
- 1/2 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 lb fettuccine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 lb smoked kielbasa, sliced 1-inch thick, then cut each slice into fourths
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1 small bell pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 small white onion, sliced into 1-4-inch strips
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth, divided
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1Whisk together the salt, cayenne, paprika, garlic powder, and onion powder.
- 2Sprinkle chicken cubes with 1/3 of the seasoning mix and toss to coat.
- 3In a separate bowl, do the same with the shrimp, using another 1/3 of the seasonings.
- 4Begin cooking the pasta.
- 5Place a large, heavy, deep skillet over medium-high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoons of the olive oil and swirl to coat the pan. Quickly sear the chicken on two sides, about 3 minutes, and then add shrimp and brown each side for 30 seconds. Remove to a bowl.
- 6Add remaining 1 tablespoons olive oil to the pan and toss in the kielbasa sausage, tomatoes, bell pepper, and onion. Sprinkle with remaining 1/3 of the spice blend and cook over high heat until vegetables are browned and softened. Add half of the chicken stock and continue cooking over high heat until most of the stock has evaporated.
- 7Add garlic and wine, stirring for 2 minutes. Add remaining chicken stock, along with the reserved chicken and shrimp. Stir, scraping up browned bits from the bottom, and simmer another 3 minutes until slightly reduced.
- 8Serve over the cooked fettuccine.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya Fettuccine
Serving Size: 1 (222 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 409.8
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.8 g
- Cholesterol 149.8 mg
- Sodium 1034.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 33.4 g