- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 chili pepper (powdered may be used, if desired)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 dash cayenne
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (canned is fine)
- 2 cups broth or 2 cups water
- 2 cups crabmeat
- 1 cup rice, uncooked
- 1 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown onion and garlic in butter in deep skillet; add finely chopped chili pepper, white pepper and cayenne, and tomatoes, crushing them.
- Add broth, crab meat, rice and salt; mix well, cover and heat to boiling point.
- Lower heat and simmer slowly without uncovering for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, keep warm and let stand for another 20 minutes.
- At the end of this time, rice should be very tender and all liquid absorbed.