Prep 10 mins
Cook 960 hrs
From the Creole chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Brown onion and garlic in butter in deep skillet; add finely chopped chili pepper, white pepper and cayenne, and tomatoes, crushing them.
- Add broth, crab meat, rice and salt; mix well, cover and heat to boiling point.
- Lower heat and simmer slowly without uncovering for 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat, keep warm and let stand for another 20 minutes.
- At the end of this time, rice should be very tender and all liquid absorbed.
This was really good. Not quite like my Mom used to make but close.