Missy B.'s Note:
I make this the same way my Mom does. I'm not sure where she got the recipe. It is so fast and easy that I make it at least every two or three weeks.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil or 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package Polish sausage
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 bell pepper
- 2 cups rice
- 4 cups water
- 2 (15 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 5 -6 dashes hot pepper sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) package baby shrimp (optional)
- 1Chop onion and pepper roughly.
- 2Slice polish sausage into 1/4" slices.
- 3In a large pot heat oil and add polish sausage.
- 4Cook for 1-2 minutes.
- 5Add onion and pepper.
- 6Cook until onion is translucent.
- 7Add all other ingredients except shrimp.
- 8(The optional tomato sauce just makes it more tomato-y) Stir.
- 9Cover and simmer on medium stirring at every 15 minutes.
- 10Taste and re season as needed.
- 11When rice is almost cooked (35-45 minutes) add shrimp.
- 12Cook an additional 10 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 282.2
- Calories from Fat 122
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 4.3 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 536.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 8.4 g