Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is one of the Zaar recipes that I adopted. I hope to prepare this one soon and will post any modifications that I make to the recipe.
- 59.14 ml butter
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 793.78 g can tomatoes
- 354.88 ml long grain rice
- 4.92 ml basil
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml cayenne
- 14.79 ml soup mix
- 118.29 ml green pepper, chopped
- 118.29 ml celery, sliced
- 59.14 ml dried parsley
- 453.59 g shrimp, uncooked
- 3 chicken breasts, cooked, cubed
- 6 mushrooms, sliced
- Heat butter in tight, fully covered saucepan.
- Add onion and garlic, cook over low heat for 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes and juice and bring to a boil.
- Sprinkle rice on top of tomatoes.
- Add salt, pepper cayenne and soup mix.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Then add green pepper, celery, parsley and basil.
- If necessary, add a little water or tomato juice and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a casserole dish and add shrimp, chicken and juices, sliced mushrooms.
- Cover tightly.
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes 350°F till shrimp are cooked, but not overdone.
Delish! Great flavor and eat to make. (I used sausage instead of chicken and shrimp, and baked longer than 15 minutes.)
I fallowed the directions step by step and was a very simple dish to make. I subed shrimp with sasuage, the family loved it!!!!
Great I added twice the amount of Cayenne and some andouille sausages