Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is a recipe I created with the help of my local fish guy! You can control the heat by adding or subtracting the jalapeños, the cayenne pepper and the hot sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, sliced into thin strips
- 1 jalapeno pepper, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -3 hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 4 slices bacon, chopped
- 8 chicken thighs, de-boned and chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (I used Tobasco Red)
- 1 tablespoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans stewed tomatoes (Del Monte Cajun-style)
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer (Heineken)
- 3⁄4 lb shrimp, deveined
- 3⁄4 lb bay scallop
- 1 (10 ounce) bag frozen okra
- 2 cups raw rice
- In a 2 qt pot, sauté the onion, red pepper, jalapeño pepper and garlic over med-hi heat in the olive oil until everything is soft.
- Add the sausage, bacon, chicken, hot sauce and cayenne pepper and sauté until almost cooked.
- Add the stewed tomatoes and the beer and bring to a boil.
- Turn the heat down to med and let the pot simmer 10-15 minutes to let the flavors blend.
- Add the shrimp, scallops, okra and rice and simmer for another 10-15 minutes or until the seafood is cooked. Stir continuously for 10 minutes (keeps the rice from burning on the bottom of the pot.) then cover the pot and turn the heat down to Med-low for another 10 minutes or until the rice is done.
- Serve hot and enjoy!