Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
- cooking oil
- 1⁄2 lb kielbasa
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup chopped bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped green onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole tomatoes, drained,reserving liquid
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock, college inn
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup converted rice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 lbs peeled shrimp
- 1⁄2 lb boneless cooked chicken, cubed
- In a large pot, Dutch Oven, saute Kelbassa until lightly browned.
- Remove from pot.
- Saute onions, bell peppers, celery, green onions and garlic in meat drippings until tender.
- Add tomatoes, thyme, pepper and salt.
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice.
- Mix together liquid from tomatoes, stock and Worcestershire sauce to equal 2 1/2 cups.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, add raw shrimp, chicken and kelbassa and cook uncovered stirring occasionally for about 30 minutes until rice and shrimp are done.