1 hr 20 mins
My mom's Jambalaya. I make her make this for me every Christmas and she finally gave me the recipe so I could make it whenever I want. It's not a quick meal but it's worth every minute.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 lb tiger shrimp (if frozen, thaw before starting, tails removed)
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 -10 mushrooms, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 -4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 11. Chop chicken, sausage and vegetables. Set aside. (10 - 20 minutes).
- 22. Heat a large skillet with oil. Add garlic, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Cook til done - 5 - 10 minutes
- 33. Add chopped sausage to skillet. Cook 5 minutes.
- 44. Add chopped chicken to skillet. Cook 5 minutes.
- 55. Add diced tomatoes. Cook until meat is done - 10 - 15 minutes.
- 66. Add chopped peppers, chopped mushrooms, and prawns.
- 77. Season with Cajun and salt and pepper.
- 88. Cook until prawns are pink and peppers are soft.
- 9Serve with buns. Leftovers can be frozen.
- 10Note: If skillet is not large enough, transfer to dutch oven pot any time after Step 4.
- 11Note 2: Can add muscles or scallops if desired.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 378.6
- Calories from Fat 205
- Total Fat 22.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.8 mg
- Sodium 1147.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 32.5 g