Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My mom's Jambalaya. I make her make this for me every Christmas and she finally gave me the recipe so I could make it whenever I want. It's not a quick meal but it's worth every minute.
- 4 Italian sausages
- 1 lb tiger shrimp (if frozen, thaw before starting, tails removed)
- 2 large boneless chicken breasts, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, shredded
- 1 onion, diced
- 5 -10 mushrooms, chopped
- 3 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 -4 teaspoons vegetable oil
- cajun seasoning
- salt & pepper, to taste
- 1. Chop chicken, sausage and vegetables. Set aside. (10 - 20 minutes).
- 2. Heat a large skillet with oil. Add garlic, onion, celery, salt and pepper. Cook til done - 5 - 10 minutes
- 3. Add chopped sausage to skillet. Cook 5 minutes.
- 4. Add chopped chicken to skillet. Cook 5 minutes.
- 5. Add diced tomatoes. Cook until meat is done - 10 - 15 minutes.
- 6. Add chopped peppers, chopped mushrooms, and prawns.
- 7. Season with Cajun and salt and pepper.
- 8. Cook until prawns are pink and peppers are soft.
- Serve with buns. Leftovers can be frozen.
- Note: If skillet is not large enough, transfer to dutch oven pot any time after Step 4.
- Note 2: Can add muscles or scallops if desired.