Recipe by Audrey Chapman
This was adapted from Pampered Chef's More Stoneware senations. My kids just loved it.
Top Review by Merlot
I made this Jambalaya for lunch today...EXCELLENT! This certainly hit the spot and I will make this dish over and over again. Looking forward to having the left-overs for tomorrow. Thank you very much for sharing. :-)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 16 ounces sliced kielbasa
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix celery and onion.
- Press garlic into mixture.
- Add tomatoes, sausage, rice and seasoning; stir.
- Put into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Dissolve boullion cube in water and pour over rice mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400, for 55-60 minutes.
- Until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in shrimp and peas.
- Let stand 10 minutes until shrimp and peas have been warmed through.