Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 10 mins
This was adapted from Pampered Chef's More Stoneware senations. My kids just loved it.
Make and share this Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes, undrained
- 16 ounces sliced kielbasa
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 2 cups water
- 8 ounces frozen shrimp, thawed
- 1⁄2 cup frozen peas, thawed
- Mix celery and onion.
- Press garlic into mixture.
- Add tomatoes, sausage, rice and seasoning; stir.
- Put into a 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Dissolve boullion cube in water and pour over rice mixture.
- Cover with foil.
- Bake at 400, for 55-60 minutes.
- Until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir in shrimp and peas.
- Let stand 10 minutes until shrimp and peas have been warmed through.
I made this Jambalaya for lunch today...EXCELLENT! This certainly hit the spot and I will make this dish over and over again. Looking forward to having the left-overs for tomorrow. Thank you very much for sharing. :-)
I would give this 10 stars if I could. (And I rarely give 5 stars!) So easy, but so delicious. My family and guests loved it. I added red pepper flakes and tabasco for an added zing. I served this with okra & tomatoes (#309730) and cornbread for a FANTASTIC meal. This would also be good with chicken substituted for the kielbasa.
Kid approved! I added some finely chopped bell peppers and served peas on the side. I used leftover ham instead of the kielbasa.