Recipe by Mrs.Ward
This is just one of the recipes I receive on a daily basis. I love to cook and this recipe is probably one of the easiest to prepare. Gotta love it. Enjoy!
Top Review by Jellyqueen
Thanks for this great recipe. It was, and still is yummy. It was made exactly as directed, and leftovers put in the fridge to be eaten in a couple of days. The leftovers were even better than the original day....the flavors just blend together wonderfully.
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 large green pepper, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (about 14 1/2 ounces)
- 1 lb kielbasa, diced (about 3 cups)
- 3⁄4 lb chicken thigh, skinless, boneless cut into cubes
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir the stock, Creole seasoning, green pepper, onion, garlic, black pepper, celery, tomatoes, kielbasa, chicken and rice in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the shrimp to the cooker. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.