Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is just one of the recipes I receive on a daily basis. I love to cook and this recipe is probably one of the easiest to prepare. Gotta love it. Enjoy!
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1 large green pepper, diced (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 stalks celery, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (about 14 1/2 ounces)
- 1 lb kielbasa, diced (about 3 cups)
- 3⁄4 lb chicken thigh, skinless, boneless cut into cubes
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1⁄2 lb medium shrimp, shelled and deveined
- Stir the stock, Creole seasoning, green pepper, onion, garlic, black pepper, celery, tomatoes, kielbasa, chicken and rice in a 5- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 7 to 8 hours* or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add the shrimp to the cooker. Cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the shrimp are cooked through.
- *Or on HIGH for 4 to 5 hours.
Thanks for this great recipe. It was, and still is yummy. It was made exactly as directed, and leftovers put in the fridge to be eaten in a couple of days. The leftovers were even better than the original day....the flavors just blend together wonderfully.