Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Being from Louisiana I have tried a lot of jambalaya recipes. This is one of my favorites and very easy to make.
- 2 cups uncooked Uncle Ben's converted brand rice
- 1⁄4 cup chopped green onion
- 1 stalk chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) can beef broth (Campbell's Soup)
- 1 (10 ounce) can French onion soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter, cut up
- 1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, peeled, cleaned and deveined
- pepper or creole seasoning
- Combine all ingredients except for the shrimp. Put in 9X13 greased pan.
- Place foil on top. Put in preheated 350 oven. Bake for one hour. Take pan out of oven and stir in shrimp. Recover with foil and bake for exactly 30 minutes longer. Take out of oven and enjoy. This is great with creamed corn and garlic bread.