1 hr 30 mins
Gluten Free Mama's Note:
I originally got this recipe from Anne Lindsay's Light Kitchen and tweaked it to my taste. It is delicious and always a hit.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cups celery, chopped
- 1 sweet green pepper, chopped
- 1 sweet red pepper, chopped
- 5 hot Italian sausages, cut into chunks
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 1/2 cups long grain white rice
- 1 lb medium raw shrimp, peeled
- 1/2 cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1In a large Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat; cook onion, celery and garlic until softened. Add green and red pepper, bay leaves, oregano, thyme, salt, pepper and cayenne. Cook until all softened and remove from pot.
- 2Add sausage to the pot and start to brown; add chicken. When they are starting to brown well, add vegetables back to the pot.
- 3Add rice and stir well. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and stock; bring to boil. Stir in shrimp.
- 4Bake, covered in a 375 degree oven for 40 minutes or until rice is tender. Discard bay leaves.
- 5Sprinkle individual servings with parsley and green onions.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (558 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 652.5
- Calories from Fat 259
- Total Fat 28.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 151.4 mg
- Sodium 1375.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.1 g
- Sugars 8.5 g
- Protein 33.5 g