Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is a fast and delicious meal great for summer or winter. Guarenteed to satisfy anyone.
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 -2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 12 ounces diced ham
- 1⁄2 lb shrimp
- 1 link Eckrich smoked sausage, diced
- 1 cup instant rice
- Fry the onion and celery in the olive oil.
- Once tender add the chicken broth and tomatoes (do not drain).
- Stir in ham and sausage.
- Add the instant rice and cook for recommened time (normally 5 minutes).
- If your shrimp is pre-cooked add it in now. If it is raw add it the same time as the rice. It cooks quickly!
- Once the rice is done turn off and put a lid on it.
- For variations, try adding thyme, or for a spicey version add chili powder!