Recipe by crazycookinmama
From another Woman's Day Magazine. My DH loved this. The flavors were good and I spiced it up a bit with some habanero chile.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 medium celery ribs, chopped
- 8 ounces smoked sausage, sliced
- 1 teaspoon habanero pepper, minced
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 12 ounces peeled deveined medium raw shrimp
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except shrimp and parsley in a 3 1/2 quart or larger slow-cooker. Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours until vegetables are tender.
- Stir in shrimp; cover and cook 20 minutes or until done. Stir in parsley; serve over rice. Pass a bottle of pepper sauce at the table.