"FOOLPROOF", flavorful & fun. Chicken, pork, shrimp or all three. No burnt rice...guaranteed.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups long grain rice
- 1/2 lb smoked sausage, like andouille sausages
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon fat or 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed marjoram
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Cut sausage & meat into bite size chunks.
- 2Pre heat oven to 350f.
- 3In 5 qt Dutch oven or roaster with WELL FITTING LID over medium high heat, add fat or oil.
- 4Brown sausage & remove.
- 5Brown meat & or shrimp until cooked & remove.
- 6Sauté onions & garlic until soft.
- 7Add rice & spices, toast for a few minutes stirring constantly.
- 8Add all meats & or shrimp & mix well with rice.
- 9Add chicken broth & turn heat to high.
- 10When boiling starts, cover with lid & place in oven for 15 minutes only.
- 11Remove from oven when done & rest for another 14 to 15 minutes only but DO NOT REMOVE LID because the rice is still cooking.
- 12When time is up, fluff & toss with forks & remove bay leaves.
- 13Serve onto warm plates.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (437 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 888.4
- Calories from Fat 262
- Total Fat 29.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 227.5 mg
- Sodium 1422.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 69.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: