Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
- 12 ounces boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 cans beef broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb shelled, steamed shrimp
- 3 cups cooked rice
- Cut chicken into 1-inch pieces.
- Add all ingredients, except shrimp and rice, to crock pot.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or 3-4 hours on high.
- Add shrimp the last 15-30 minutes of cooking.
- Stir in rice when ready to serve.
excellent dish...can't wait to try it at campsite; i added a little more tomato paste and added some smoked sausage...it was wonderful..