- 8 ounces crawfish tail meat
- 8 inches andouille sausages, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup leftover smoked chicken (or rotisseried)
- 1 stalk celery, rough chopped
- 1 small onion, rough chopped
- 1⁄4 cup rough chopped red bell pepper
- 2 small jalapeno peppers, seeded and chopped (1 red, 1 green)
- 16 ounces chicken stock
- 16 ounces water
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon dry mixed cajun spices
- 1⁄2 cup uncooked long grain white rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Bring the oil to heat in a large sauce or pot.
- Add the vegetables and sweat until the onion just starts to brown.
- Add the stock and water and bring to a rolling boil.
- Add the meats, spice mix, and rice and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Stirring frequently, cook until the rice is tender, about 20 minutes. The consistency should be thick. If not, continue cooking to reduce the liquid.