Recipe by hollyberry
This is a great recipe, and so simple! You could add shrimp and a little cayenne for a little more Southern flavour, but my family prefers this version. Definitely worth a try!
- 1⁄2 cup ham, sliced and diced
- 1⁄2 cup Italian sausage, cooked and sliced
- 1 cup chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 celery ribs
- 1 green pepper
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 cup uncooked rice (white & long grain wild)
- 1 (19 ounce) can diced tomatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop into bite-sized pieces the onion, celery and greeen pepper. Sautee in a large saucepot with olive oil and minced garlic until nicely softened.
- Add meats, seasonings, tomatoes, rice and stock (all the remaining ingredients).
- Bring to a boil, lower heat, cover pot and cook gently for 20 - 25 minutes. The liquid should be absorbed and the rice should be tender. Toss and rest for 5 minutes.
- Serve with a cool green salad.