1/1 Photo of Jambalaya
out of here's Note:
We like this Creole way of making Jambalaya. I use Zatarain's Jambalaya rice mix, and the rest of the recipe, I use things I like together for a different, spicy taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 1/2 cups sweet onions
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) chicken broth
- 1/8 cup chicken base
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) stewed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) canned tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) bag frozen corn
- 1 (14 ounce) Italian cut green beans
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 (8 ounce) package zatarain's jambalaya mix
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1Fry the cut-up chicken and the Italian sausage, in a large frying pan, fry well.
- 2Take the meat out of this pan and fry the pepper and the sweet onion until crisp-tender.
- 3Add the chicken broth and the chicken bouillon.
- 4Add the 3 cans of tomatoes, tomato sauce, and 1/2 cup water, also the salt and Tabasco to taste.
- 5Simmer 3 hours (crockpot works good for this).
- 6After simmering, add the corn, beans, and the Worcestershire sauce.
- 7Last add the package rice mix with 1/2 of the seasoning packet--or if you like it really hot, put the whole seasoning packet, but I do not like it that hot.
- 8Cook until the rice is tender. Mm mm good.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (542 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.7
- Calories from Fat 163
- Total Fat 18.2 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 68.6 mg
- Sodium 2307.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.7 g
- Sugars 11.0 g
- Protein 28.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
zatarain's jambalaya mix