Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
Originally seen in Goodhousekeeping Feb,05. Tweeked to be more freezer friendly.
Make and share this Jambalaya recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces hot smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- In skillet cook sausageover medium-high heat until browned.
- Place in bowl when done.
- Add 2 tsp oil to skillet add chicken and cook until done.
- Place in bowl with sausage.
- Add remaining tsp oil to skillet reduce heat to medium.
- Cook garlic, celery, peppers, and onions in covered skillet until tender.
- Add salt, thyme,paprika, oregano, and rice; cook one minute while stirring.
- Place chicken and sausage with juices to rice mixture in skillet.
- Add water, broth, tomatoes with juice, hot pepper sauce and heat to boiling over high heat.
- Place in baking dish, and bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- Stir mixture and cover, bake an additional 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- Allow to cool, prep and place in freezer.
- To serve allow to thaw completely, bake covered loosely at 350 F for 1 hour.
- Remove cover and bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through.