Lil Cooker's Note:
Originally seen in Goodhousekeeping Feb,05. Tweeked to be more freezer friendly.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces hot smoked sausage, sliced
- 3 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 6 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 stalks celery, sliced
- 2 medium green peppers, chopped
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 3 cups long-grain white rice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F.
- 2In skillet cook sausageover medium-high heat until browned.
- 3Place in bowl when done.
- 4Add 2 tsp oil to skillet add chicken and cook until done.
- 5Place in bowl with sausage.
- 6Add remaining tsp oil to skillet reduce heat to medium.
- 7Cook garlic, celery, peppers, and onions in covered skillet until tender.
- 8Add salt, thyme,paprika, oregano, and rice; cook one minute while stirring.
- 9Place chicken and sausage with juices to rice mixture in skillet.
- 10Add water, broth, tomatoes with juice, hot pepper sauce and heat to boiling over high heat.
- 11Place in baking dish, and bake uncovered 15 minutes.
- 12Stir mixture and cover, bake an additional 10 minutes, or until rice is tender.
- 13Allow to cool, prep and place in freezer.
- 14To serve allow to thaw completely, bake covered loosely at 350 F for 1 hour.
- 15Remove cover and bake 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (407 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 450.5
- Calories from Fat 64
- Total Fat 7.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.4 mg
- Sodium 581.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot smoked sausage