Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A Jamba Juice copycat of my favorite flavor. Mmmm.....
Make and share this Jamba Juice Banana Berry recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup apple juice
- 3⁄4 cup strawberry juice (I just use Kern's nectar.)
- 2⁄3 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry sherbet
- 1⁄3 cup vanilla yogurt (nonfat for me)
- 1 cup ice
- Blend on high speed until all the ice is crushed and the drink is smooth.
- Share if you want.
- A variation that is NOT Jamba, but we like it is to add about a teaspoon of vanilla extract. It seems to bring out the berry/banana flavor well.
This has the flavor of a Jamba Juice, but not the thick, creamy consisitency I am used to with their smoothies. I had to substitute raspberry sorbet for the sherbet, but otherwise followed the directions exactly. The first sip was very liquid so I added another cup of ice. This thickened it a little, but still not enough. I will make this again, but next time will cut back on the amount of apple juice and nectar to try to make it thicker without losing flavor. Thanks DeeCooks for a delicious recipe.***Update - made this again today using the sherbet. It made a huge difference. Do not substitute with sorbet like I did the first time. Second batch was thicker and tastier.