Prep 4 hrs
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
One of the local TV stations has a recipe contest, once a year. I made this up & entered it last year...I won 1st place for the week for Poultry. Our youngest Son LOVES it & I've gotten many other compliments on it...hope you enjoy it, too!!!
- 1 tablespoon onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons orange juice, frozen concentrate, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 3 teaspoons rosemary
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped fine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 tablespoon jalapeno pepper, chopped fine
- 6 pieces chicken, cut-up
- Combine all ingredients, except the chicken in a bowl (food processor works best).
- Mix well, until smooth.
- Place chicken pieces in zip-lock bag.
- Pour sauce mixture over chicken & close the bag.
- Lay flat on a plate or whatever you have.
- Refridgerate for AT LEAST 4hours -- overnight is preferred, for best flavor.
- Turn bag over, every couple hours if possible.
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Lightly coat a 9 X 13 pan with cooking spray.
- Place chicken in a single layer in the pan.
- Pour remaining sauce over all.
- Bake, uncovered, 1 to 1½ hours.
Yummy, Yummy! I grilled the chicken and basted with the marinade. Very good flavor and moist breasts. I didn't have a jalepeno on hand- so it didn't have any heat-- but we didn't mind. Really good taste--thank you!
I can see why this won a prize. I marinated it over night and the flavors really soaked into the chicken. I used skinless, bonless breasts and cut the recipe back to 2 servings. Baked at 350 for 45 minutes. The breast were lovely & moist.