Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe can either use beef or boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons Chinese five spice powder
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thick sirloin steaks, cut into 16 cubes
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 16 pieces
- soak 8 bamboo skewers in water.
- Mix soy sauce, oil, five spice and all spice in a bowl.
- Add hot sauce.
- Toss steak in this mixture and put into refrigerator.
- bring water to boil in a pot.
- Lightly salt water.
- Add sweet potatoes and lower to simmer-cook for 8 minutes until potatoes are fork tender.
- Thread 2 pieces of steak and potatoes onto each skewer.
- Arrange on broiler pan
- Brush sweet potatoes with oil and place under broiler.
- turn once - cook 6 minutes for medium rare.