Prep 2 hrs 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
This is out of my cookbook called Low-Carb Magic...prep time includes marinating time..
Make and share this Jamaican Steak recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 1/2x1 inch piece)
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons lime peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Score both sides of beef by cutting 1/4 inch deep diagonal lines about 1 inch apart in surface of steak to form diamond shaped design -- do not cut all the way through the meat.
- Combine sugar, juices, garlic, ginger, grated peels, slat , pepper, cinnamon and cloves in 2-quart glass dish.
- Add beef; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate steak at least 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill beef over medium hot coals abut 6 minutes per side until medium-rare or to desired doneness.
I thought this steak turned out fantastic. I wound up marinating it for 2 days and it came out sort of sweet, but great!
I made this last evening using 1 New York Strip steak that was in the freezer and, oh my, was it ever delicious! The flavors are magical in their ability to carry you to a warm evening on a palm tree filled island. Add a fruit salad, coconut bread and some rum punch and you have a very yummy vacation at home.
Made as directed!<br/>Loved it, it had great flavor. Next time I'd change nothing. Very inexpensive meal! Thanks<br/>Made for PRMR!