- 2 lbs beef flank steak
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 piece fresh ginger (1 1/2x1 inch piece)
- 2 teaspoons orange peel, grated
- 2 teaspoons lime peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
Directions See How It's Made
- Score both sides of beef by cutting 1/4 inch deep diagonal lines about 1 inch apart in surface of steak to form diamond shaped design -- do not cut all the way through the meat.
- Combine sugar, juices, garlic, ginger, grated peels, slat , pepper, cinnamon and cloves in 2-quart glass dish.
- Add beef; turn to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate steak at least 2 hours.
- Remove beef from marinade; discard marinade.
- Grill beef over medium hot coals abut 6 minutes per side until medium-rare or to desired doneness.