Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is very good on chicken or in marinades. Recipe source: The Turtle Bay Cookbook
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon ground nutmeg
- 4 teaspoons salt
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons dried onion, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cloves
- Using a spice grinder, blender or a mortar and pestle grind all ingredients together.
- Store in a tightly sealed jar.
- Keeps indefinitely if stored in tightly sealed jar in a cool dark place.
Wow!! This was the perfect seasoning to go with the Caribbean Jerk challenge, Recipe#234409. (: It's BIG on flavor...with that tiny bit of bite! YUM!!! Thanks, ellie. (:
Great flavor! Used this on the Caribbean Jerk challenge for Zaar World Tour 2007. Our team made kabobs as a team recipe and used this spice mixture as our jerk seasoning. Easily came together and I will be using this again very soon! Thanks Ellie~
To give you an idea of the versitility of this blend, I used mine with ground beef to make island burgers topped with pineapple salsa. Later this week, I'm planning to use it again to add a little kick to baked sweet potato fries. My only suggestion would be for folks like me, who normally don't cook with much salt, to reduce the amount by a teaspoon. Ellie, another winner here. Thanks.