Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a holiday drink in the caribbean. I love the deep clear red color of this drink!!! This is how a good friend of mine makes it. The optional ingredients are commonly used.
- hibicus fresh edible flower (Roselle, if not sure, look it up)
- water (1.5 cups per 1 oz roselle)
- ginger, fresh grated (or thinly sliced)
- sugar, to taste
- cinnamon stick
- orange peel
- Be sure the seed pod are removed from the roselle.
- Place everything you are using except the sugar in a big pot and boil.
- Strain and add sugar.
- Serve cold and pour over ice.
- For adults add rum.