Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
A delicate, lemony sauce, this aioli goes especially well with fish, but it's also delicious served with roast chicken and makes an excellent sandwich spread.
- 1 cup firmly packed fresh sorrel leaf, stems and tough ribs removed
- 1⁄4 cup chives, chopped
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup canola oil or 1 cup grapeseed oil
- Place all ingredients except oil into blender, and blend until smooth.
- Continue blending, and slowly add oil through feed tube until mixture thickens, then pour oil in at a faster rate.
- Scrape mixture out into container, and store in refrigerator for up to 3 days.