Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
I got this recipe from a recipe book along time ago.
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup diced yams or 1⁄4 cup sweet potato
- 1⁄4 cup zucchini, diced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup carrot, diced
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup shrimp, peeled and cleaned
- 12 ounces unsweetened coconut milk
- 12 ounces clam broth or 12 ounces other stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped scallions or 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- In your stock pot, melt butter and sauté the vegetables for about 3-5 minutes or until softened.
- Add shrimp and sauté for a minute or two more. Add coconut milk, broth, thyme and pepper. Cook for about 1/2 hour (do not boil), then add scallions, lime juice and basil. Serve immediately.