Recipe by Boomette
If you want a real Jamaica treat, there is nothing that beats rummed bananas. Look at the note above.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
My DH enjoyed this, you really have to watch your baking time with this or the bananas will turn mushy, and use bananas that are just turning yellow but are ripe, served with ice cream my DH gave this 5 stars, thanks for sharing Boomette!...Kitten
- 4 bananas, ripe, peeled
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream or 4 tablespoons ice cream, to serve
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a greased baking dish, place the bananas. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter. Mix orange juice and rum and pour around the bananas. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream or ice cream.
- Note : Galley Wench used only 1/2 cup of orange juice and it was perfect.