Prep 3 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you want a real Jamaica treat, there is nothing that beats rummed bananas. Look at the note above.
- 4 bananas, ripe, peeled
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 4 tablespoons coconut cream or 4 tablespoons ice cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- In a greased baking dish, place the bananas. Sprinkle with sugar and dot with butter. Mix orange juice and rum and pour around the bananas. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Serve with a dollop of coconut cream or ice cream.
- Note : Galley Wench used only 1/2 cup of orange juice and it was perfect.
thanks for posting this recipe and that decrease in the orange that you guys told me about rlly helped my grade! :)
We love it! So easy to throw together and I usually have all the ingredients on hand. I followed Galley's advice and decreased the orange juice. I also served it on top of about a cup of vanilla ice cream. Thanks for posting. :)
Loved this dessert! I didn't have orange juice so used tropical juice and wouldn't use anything else next time! Brown sugar Splenda worked beautifully. Thanks for a lovely dessert!