Prep 1 hr
Cook 40 mins
Yummy Jamaican fruit cake eaten at Christmas. Don't worry, it won't get you drunk...
- 1 cup white rum (wrey and Nephew)
- 1 cup Manishevitz wine
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup prune
- 4 cups flour
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon nutmeg
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 1 lb butter
- 1 tablespoon browning sauce
- Blend the raisins, prunes, wine and rum together, set aside.( If you want to have the fruits unblended, you must soak the fruits in the wine/rum for at least a week).
- Beat the eggs and add Vanilla.
- Mix the butter and sugar until it gets fluffy.
- Mix butter mixture, blended fruit, and eggs.
- Add flour, nutmeg,cinnamon, mix.
- Add browning and continue to mix.
- The batter should be thick enough so that a spoon stands up in it(but not too thick) .
- If the dough is too thick add more wine or rum.
- Bake at 350 for about 35-40 min or until a knife comes out clean when you stick it inches.