1 hr 40 mins
Chef #331521's Note:
Yummy Jamaican fruit cake eaten at Christmas. Don't worry, it won't get you drunk...
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Blend the raisins, prunes, wine and rum together, set aside.( If you want to have the fruits unblended, you must soak the fruits in the wine/rum for at least a week).
- 2Beat the eggs and add Vanilla.
- 3Mix the butter and sugar until it gets fluffy.
- 4Mix butter mixture, blended fruit, and eggs.
- 5Add flour, nutmeg,cinnamon, mix.
- 6Add browning and continue to mix.
- 7The batter should be thick enough so that a spoon stands up in it(but not too thick) .
- 8If the dough is too thick add more wine or rum.
- 9Bake at 350 for about 35-40 min or until a knife comes out clean when you stick it inches.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Jamaican Rum Fruitcake
Serving Size: 1 (47 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 48
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.5
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 46.7 mg
- Sodium 112.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 12.0 g
- Protein 2.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: